This visa category is for candidates who intends to establish, operate and represent their parent company in the UK. There is no requirement of minimum investment in this category, however, the parent company must show enough funds from its sources of income or assets to support its branch office. The subsidiary must perform business activities that are similar to the activities performed by their parent company. The parent company must be based outside UK and there is evidence that its major sources of income and assets are generated outside the UK. The parent company can revoke the visa status of its representative and can send or replace with another candidate. This visa category leads to settlement in the UK subject to various immigration rules. This category also known as Business Rep or News Rep, Representative of business organisations, Representative of News agencies etc.
The Role of Parent Company in the Overseas Business Representative Visa
The role of parent company is pivotal in this visa category. The parent company sponsor the candidate to represent the company. The candidate must be senior employee and demonstrate skills, knowledge and experience that are necessary to implement the business process of parent company in the UK. Candidate should have enough knowledge to perform its branch operation in most economical and efficient manner. He should have general management skills to run the relevant parent company business. Parent company can revoke its representation of the applicant. Parent company must send financial, economic, and technical support to help its foreign branch in the UK. In case of hardship, parent company will absorb the losses and provide financial support to its representatives. However, parent company will not be responsible for personal decisions made by the representative in his personal capacity.
Duration and Condition of Stay in the UK
This will be a three-year visa and may lead to extension and settlement in the UK. The sole representative must intend to, and then actually, establish the new branch in the UK. This must be the same type of business as the parent company overseas. For example, it must supply a similar product or service. You can bring your family members with you. You have to pay health insurance IHS. You cannot indulge in receiving public funds, work as a doctor or dentist in training, work as a professional sports person.
Minimum Requirements for UK Sol representative Visa
The applicant must
• be recruited and employed outside the UK by the active and trading business they intend to represent in the UK
• intend to work full-time for the organisation
• not intend to take any other employment
• be applying to be the sole representative in the UK of an overseas business who intends to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK and that branch or subsidiary will operate in the same type of business activity as the overseas business
• not be a majority owner of, or otherwise own or control, that overseas business
• be a senior employee of the overseas business
• have full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the overseas business for the purpose of representing it in the UK
• obtain entry clearance in this category before arrival in the UK and present it to a border force officer on arrival
• provide evidence that they can maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
• meet the required standard in English language
There is no minimum requirement of investment funds for establishing the overseas business branch in the UK. However, the parent company should have enough resources from their earned savings to justify the expansion of their business in the UK. The amount of resources required by the branch office will be determined by the nature of the business.
As part of the application, the client will submit a business plan. The business plan will document all the course of action that the branch office intends to pursue in order to establish it in the UK. It will detail service description, competitor analysis, SWOT analysis, personnel plan, target market, promotional plans, financial plan, risk analysis, sales analysis and targets, etc. The business plan should be viable, sustainable and realistic and should be able to compete with existing competitive environment.